40 Days of Prayer - Week 6
by Dr Gregory Magruder | March 10, 2019
Gregory Magruder Parkview Baptist Gainesville, FL 03/10/19
HOW TO PRAY THROUGHOUT YOUR DAY
40 Days of Prayer – Part 6
“Pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers,
asking for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready
and never give up. And always pray for all God's people.”
Ephesians 6:18 (NCV)
BY DEVELOPING 2 HABITS
1. KEEP A RUNNING CONVERSATION WITH GOD
“Pray on every occasion, as the Spirit leads.” Ephesians 6:18 (TEV)
“Never stop praying! (Pray all the time!)” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (GW)
2. SCHEDULE PRAYERTIMES THROUGHOUT MY DAY
“Seven times a day I praise you!” Psalm 119:164 (NIV)
A DAILY SCHEDULE BUILT ON THE LORD’S PRAYER
1. GET UP WITH GRATITUDE! (THANKSGIVING)
Jesus said, “ . . . Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. So then, this is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven’ . . .”
“Every good gift and every perfect present comes from your Father of light
in heaven . . .” James 1:17
- I thank my Father in heaven for his consistent love & I recall
all of the ways that He is good to me
2. BLESS GOD’S NAME AT BREAKFAST! (PRAISE)
“Hallowed be your name . . .” Matthew 6:9b
“Every day I will bless your name, and praise it forever and ever!”
- I review God’s names & the promises they imply
GOD SAYS “I AM . . .”
Abba Your Loving Father!
El Deah Your God Who Knows Everything!
Jehovah Rapha Your God who Heals you!
El Shaddai God Almighty – with all the Power you need!
“Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never
abandoned those who truly seek you.” Psalm 9:10
3. AT MIDMORNING, REMEMBER WHAT MATTERS MOST (DEDICATION)
“May your kingdom come, and may your will be done, on earth as it
is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10
- I align myself with God’s purpose & plans for my life
“If you seek first God’s kingdom and his righteousness, all the
other things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
4. LIST MY NEEDS AT LUNCH (PETITION)
“Give us today our daily bread.” Matthew 6:11
- I ask for ANYTHING I need.
- I ask for what other people need too (Intercession)
1 Samuel 12:23
“Jesus has the power of God, by which he gives us
everything we need to live, and to serve God. We
have these things because we know him.” 2 Peter 1:3 (NCV)
5. ASK FOR FORGIVENESS IN THE AFTERNOON (CONFESSION)
“Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.”
I admit my sins and I forgive others who’ve frustrated me..
“I confessed my sins to you and didn’t try to hide them . . .
Then you forgave me and now all my guilt is gone!” Psalm 32:5
6. ASK GOD TO HELP ME MAKE WISE DECISIONS
“And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.”
1 Corinthians 10:13
7. END MY DAY WITH AN ENCOURAGING TRUTH (BENEDICTION)
“For yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever! Amen!”
Matthew 6:13c (NAS)